Both theoretical and applied research is carried out on various aspects of the control and coordination of autonomous or semi-autonomous cooperative mobile systems.
Our research and development interests include:
- Autonomous and Cooperative Ground Vehicles
- Ground Transportation Safety - Safety with autonomous vehicles
- Human driving modeling and intent estimation
- Sensing technologies, fusion, and interpretation
- GPS, IMU, LADAR, RADAR, Image Processing, Ultrasonics, Dead Reckoning
- Vehicle modeling and control
- Simulation and virtual reality environments
- V2V/V2X- vehicle networking and wireless communications
- Control - Energy minimization
- Control and coordination of Wheeled Robots and UAVs
- Traffic Sensing
CITR has developed several hardware testbeds and simulation platforms.